- Books and audiobooks may be borrowed for 2 weeks
- Magazines may be borrowed for 1 week
- DVDs may be borrowed for 2 days - $2
DPL has a one-day grace period for all materials with the exception of DVD rentals.
Library fines only accrue for days in which the library is open for business.
DVDs incur $1 per day in late fees -- no renewals.
All others materials incur a $0.10 per day fine per item checked out -- please call us during business hours to renew: (810) 376-8015
If we don't have an item in our collection, a library staff member would be happy to make a request via MeLCat -- our interlibrary loan service.
MeLCat is an online statewide catalog and delivery service that allows patrons of hundreds participating Michigan libraries to borrow materials - books, movies, CDs and more - from all over the state and have them delivered to their home library.
If you're looking for help on searching MeLCat, feel free to ask a library staff member or visit the MeLCat help page.
Computers and WiFi
The library has 4 computers available for public use.
- Minors will need to have a library card with internet privilege given by a parent/guardian
- Minors, age 12 and under, will need to have a parent/guardian sit with them while using the computer
The library has open WiFi, comfortable seating with easy access to outlets for your portable electronic devices.
Printing and Copying
- Black & White Photocopy - $0.25 per page
- Color Photocopy - $1.00 per page
- Black & White Printer - $0.10 per page
- Color Print - $1.00 per page
Patrons printing from the computers/internet are responsible for what they send to the printer.
- Fax number is: (810) 376-8593
- $1.00 per page to send and receive
- Unclaimed material will be collected daily and destroyed monthly
For details about this library service, please refer to our exam proctoring policy.