- Books and audiobooks may be borrowed for 2 weeks and renewed twice.
- Magazines may be borrowed for 1 week
- DVDs may be borrowed for 2 days - $2, there is an additional $1/day rental fee until returned. Additional rental days only accrue on days the library is open. Educational DVDs are free.
DPL does not charge late fees for books, audiobooks, or magazines. There are still fines for lost or damaged materials. Materials are considered lost when they have been checked out for 4 rental periods.
If we don't have an item in our collection, a library staff member would be happy to make a request via MeLCat -- our interlibrary loan service.
MeLCat is an online statewide catalog and delivery service that allows patrons of hundreds participating Michigan libraries to borrow materials - books, movies, CDs and more - from all over the state and have them delivered to their home library.
If you're looking for help on searching MeLCat, feel free to ask a library staff member or visit the MeLCat help page.
Computers and WiFi
The library has 3 computers available for public use.
- Minors will need to have a library card with internet privilege given by a parent/guardian
- Minors, age 12 and under, will need to have a parent/guardian sit with them while using the computer
The library has open WiFi, comfortable seating with easy access to outlets for your portable electronic devices. Our extended WiFi is available from outside of the building. Look for Deckerville Library_2GEXT and Deckerville Library_5GEX.
Printing and Copying
- Black & White Photocopy - $0.10 per page
- Color Photocopy - $0.25 per page
- Black & White Printer - $0.10 per page
- Color Print - $0.25 per page
Patrons printing from the computers/internet are responsible for what they send to the printer.
- Fax number is: (810) 376-8593
- $1.00 per page to send and receive